The Green Veg we love to hate!

The Green Veg we love to hate!
Broccoli waiting for love.

Friday, 18 May 2012

So what is this about loving Broccoli?

Welcome to my new, and in fact first meaningful (hopefully) blog, Learning to Love Broccoli, so what is this about?
Well principally it is about learning, sometimes about about the things I love (which sometimes intersect with learning) and just occasionally about Broccoli.
Why Broccoli? Well I am engaged in the business of learning, mostly on the business related adult learning side (which has been my work for some years now) but also as a parent of a young currently pre-school child, and as a believer in life-long learning. So I read an amount about things to do with learning and recently came across 'Chocolate covered Broccoli'. The idea that a Green vegetable covered in chocolate might be more appealing to children (and maybe some adults) applied to learning. Many children don't like traditional learning, they often grow into young adults who find learning difficult and finally adults who find learning unappealing, rather like over cooked broccoli!
Reading about efforts to develop new ways of structuring and delivering learning, metaphorically covering it in chocolate, caught my imagination and inspired me to start this blog.
I hope to collate ideas and offer some commentary on new or different approached to learning in a range of settings, not just school (K-12) but the broader learning world, and I suspect it will not be all about technology and gamification either.
Anyway that is the plan, and if my daughter allows I will be back with some proper thoughts soon, and thanks for taking the time to read this; feedback and suggestions are very of course welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment